Friday, October 21, 2011

What's in a Name

So guys, why "Stories about Dead People"?

I know, you probably didn't actually ask.  But admit it.  You wondered didn't you?  Maybe just a little?

At the time things were just starting to come together, Elena was on her way back from the Midwest by car, it was obviously fall, and we were suffering from a period of torrential rain in the Seattle area.  Thinking about snow in the Rockies, I made a crack about the Donner party.  Yeah, I know.  Donner pass is in the Sierras, but what's a mountain range or two between friends.  Turns out Elena has a "Donner Pass dead guy" story.  She finished our email exchange with: "I'll regale you at Starbucks.  Because nothing says artistic collaboration like stories about dead people."

So, now you know.  Ironically enough, I still haven't heard the "Donner Pass dead guy story"

>>Elena Says... "Hey Dave, I started reading this and I was thinking to myself... 'Self, you forgot to tell Dave the Donner Pass dead guy story'...."

No comments:

Post a Comment